What is a CSS Framework? First things first, what does CCS stand for? It stands for Crown Commercial Services. CCS brings together policy, advice and direct buying by providing commercial services to the public sector.
They work with over 17,000 customer organisations in the public sector and their services are provided by more than 5,000 approved suppliers.
By using CCS agreements, customers can buy commonly used goods and services quickly and cost-effectively whilst complying with EU and UK procurement regulations.
What is purchased via Crown Commercial Service Frameworks?
There are four main categories, which are then split into sub-categories, these are:
- Digital Future
- Network Services
- Software & Cyber
- Technology Products & Services
3. Corporate Solutions
- Document Management & Logistics
- Financial Services
- Marcomms & Research
- Office and Travel
- Contract Centres
- People Services
- Professional Services
- Workforce Health & Education
- PSR & Permanent Recruitment
Where can I find CCS tender opportunities
Tender opportunities can be found on Contracts Finder and Tender Electronic Daily (TED). Your company will need to create an account and once you have done this you will be able to set up regular alerts for opportunities that are most relevant to your business and remain up to date.
TED is the online version of the supplement to the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU).
Contracts Finder will provide the longer term and wider government pipeline and you can view all public tenders over £10,000 on there.
Both sites provide information about both CCS tender opportunities and wider government and public sector opportunities.
How can I respond to a tender opportunity?
CCS procurements are conducted using eSourcing and you will need to be registered on this before you are able to participate in CCS tender opportunities.
In order to register you will require the following on hand:
- Full legal name of your organisation
- Your DUNS number – a unique number provided to organisations free of charge by Dun & Bradsheet (any business is eligible to obtain a DUNS Number, it will make it easier for your customers and suppliers to do business with you, some customers even require it of their suppliers.)
- Profile information describing your organisation and the size of your business